Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Marlboro Man

At about 3:00 a.m., while picking up all the cigarette butts and other trash left in the parking lot (despite the fact we have nine outdoor garbage cans and two outdoor ashtrays) I find a coupon: $1.00 off any pack of Marlboro's. I save it for the next customer who comes in for a pack.

A half-hour or or so later a guy stops by and asks for a pack of Marlboro Reds.

ME: "I have this coupon for $1.00 off. Would you like to use it?"
CUSTOMER: "Yes, That would be great."

I ring it up and enter the coupon deduction: $5.75.

CUSTOMER: "You guys charge more for cigarettes than Albertson's and Safeway anyway, so this helps make up for it."
ME: "But Albertson's and Safeway aren't open right now."

The customer gives me a funny look.

As he goes outside and is about to get in his car, I watch him unwrap the cellophane from the pack and toss it in the parking lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment