Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"That's what black people eat."

Two seemingly drunk sorority girls come into the store soon after I smoked the place out with a batch of overly-cooked popcorn in the popcorn machine.

Girl One: "It smells like burnt popcorn in here."
Girl Two: "That's what black people eat."
Girl One: "Huh?"
Girl Two: "I'm serious, black people like their popcorn burnt."
Me: "Are you really being serious?"
Girl Two: "Yeah, my neighbor in the apartment near me is black and always burns his popcorn."
Me: "Kind of like how white people always put ketchup on their fried baloney?"
Girl Two: "What? Fried baloney? Gross. I don't eat fried baloney."
Me: "But I have a white friend who eats fried baloney and always puts tons of ketchup on it."
Girl Two: "So?"
Me: "I just assumed all white people must do that."
Girl Two: "I've never had fried baloney. It sounds gross . . . What are you talking about?"
Me: "Never mind."

1 comment: