Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thank a veteran?

GROUCHY OLD MAN: "Mumble, mumble, mumble, mumble."
ME: "I'm sorry, what's that?"
GROUCHY OLD MAN: "A pack of Camel mumble, mumble, mumble."
ME: "Camels? Filters? Blues? Which ones?"
GROUCHY OLD MAN: "I SAID CAMEL FILTERS! . . . ARE YOU DEAF?"
ME: "Well, as a matter of fact, my hearing is not so good."
GROUCHY OLD MAN: "Or maybe you should clean the fucking wax out of your ears."
ME: "I tried that. It didn't work. I'm quite certain it's not wax; the Marine Corps did a job on my hearing."
GROUCHY OLD MAN: "Well maybe you should get a job where you don't have to work with people."
ME: "Thanks for the good, kind advice; I will take that under advisement for sure!"

Grouchy old man gives me a grouchy look and leaves. As he pulls out of the parking lot in his Ford Ranger I notice an American Flag decal on his truck along with two bumper stickers:

"SUPPORT OUR TROOPS," and "THANK A VETERAN."

No comments:

Post a Comment