Thursday, October 30, 2014

Nice Hat!

A tall, strikingly handsome guy comes in regularly. He seems nice. He seems smart. He looks beautiful. The other night he comes in wearing a nice winter hat of a style and color I've been looking for at local stores with no success.

"Where did you get that hat?" I ask. "I've been looking for one like that."
"I'm not sure where it came from," he says. "My boyfriend gave it to me."

That caught me way off guard.

"Your boyfriend?" 
"Yes"
"Well . . .um . . .wow . . . your boyfriend has excellent taste!"

Awkward pause. (I might even be blushing a bit.)

"Um . . . I mean . . . I meant to say he has excellent taste in hats . . . yes, excellent taste in hats is what I meant to say . . . "

He smiles (a contagiously infectious smile.)

"Oh, hell . . . he obviously has excellent taste in men too."

"Thank you," he says, still smiling (and seemingly blushing just a little himself). 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment