Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Kanye West: Early Morning Cartoon Shit

I was standing out front gazing at the moon and stars, enjoying a bit of slow time and quiet after a busy night. I hear it before I see it, coming from the east. I think I recognize it. It grows louder as it approaches. Soon I see the lights of a small car. The right blinkers flash, it slows down and pulls into pump 12.  Even before the driver shuts off the car and rolls down the windows all I can hear is Kanye West, loud and obnoxious:

“Four in the mornin', and I'm zonin'

Think I'm possessed, it's an omen
I keep it 300, like the Romans
300 bitches, where's the Trojans?
Baby we livin' in the moment
I've been a menace for the longest
But I ain't finished, I'm devoted
And you know it, and you know it . . . “

Kanye’s even louder and more obnoxious when the driver gets out of his car after rolling down his windows so he can hear it, bop to the beat and sing along as he pumps gas. It takes maybe five minutes or so. Kanye won’t shut up.    


“Stop all that goon shit, early morning cartoon shit

This is the goon shit, fuck up your whole afternoon shit
I'm aware I'm a wolf, soon as the moon hit
I'm aware I'm a king, back out the tomb bitch . . . “

When the driver is done pumping he gets back in his car, starts it up, drives away and I hear Kanye fade away into the distance and darkness as they head west.


“Four in the mornin', and I'm zonin'

Think I'm possessed, it's an omen
I keep it 300, like the Romans . . . . “

Quiet again.


I resume gazing at the moon and stars until it’s time to go in and make coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment