Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Malicious Minority

After reading most of my graveyard blog posts a friend responded (a bit facetiously, I hope): "When I lived in Montana in the 1960s it was a really friendly place; what happened?" Others have said things such as, "How do you put up with that shit every night?"

Fortunately, I don't. An overwhelming majority of customers are super nice people. Many are regulars. I've become friends with a few. I went on a date with one. I recently got drunk with some of them (see: One of THEM! (Again)).

But if I were to write about most of my interactions with customers, it would be something like this: "A really nice person came in and bought stuff. We exchanged in a bit of chit chat and pleasantries. As they were leaving they said, 'Have a good night Dave,' and I replied, 'Thanks, you too.' They rode off into the sunset happy as a spring meadowlark." 

That would be pretty boring.    



No comments:

Post a Comment