Friday, March 20, 2015

Melodative, Stimulative

1:45 AM: A young guy comes up to the counter with a six pack of Coors Light.

Young Guy: "What rhymes with innovative?"
Me: "Um . . . give me a moment . . . Irritated? Constapative? Laxatative?  . . . I guess any word that ends in 'tive,' even if you just make it up. Why do you ask, are you writing a rap or something?"
Young Guy: "Yes."
Me: "Really?"
Young Guy: "Yes. Want to hear what I've got so far?"
Me: "Sure! Why not?"

He proceeds to rap. I wish I could recall it all, but it was kind of quick. There was, indeed, a lot of words that rhymed with innovative. Here's a few phrases I did catch, I think:

"Yo yo, mo fo . . .
Haters gonna hate . . .
Hate is their fate . . .
I Ain't gonna procrastinate . . .
Ain't gonna manipulate . . .
(He may have said "Ain't gonna masturbate," but not sure.)
I'm gonna stay fresh and innovate . . .
'Cause I'm creative . . . and innovative . . . "

Apparently, that is where he got hung up and his mellifluousative, melodative tune came to a sudden end.

Young Guy: "What do you think so far?"
Me: "Nice! So far so good. It's definitely innovative . . . and creative . . . not hated . . . I find it stimulative."
Young Guy: "Stimulative?"
Me: "Yeah, stimulative!"
Young Guy: "That's a good one!"
Me: "It's all yours."
Young Guy: Thanks dude!"

No comments:

Post a Comment